To get you started, we need to ask you a few questions to help you understand how much your bill could be if you were to switch to a water meter.
There’s a few things to consider before you complete our usage calculator:
- The calculator relies on accurate information from you. Be as honest as possible as we all probably use more water than we think.
- We’d recommend that you enable cookies in your web browser. This will make sure the calculator works properly.
- To apply for a meter, you need to be the registered bill payer or a tenant that pays for water to a local Council or Housing Association. You are not able to apply for a meter in advance for a property that you have not yet bought or not yet moved into.
- If you’ve just purchased or moved into a property, let us know here and you can apply once you have your customer reference number.
- If you pay your water to a Council or Housing Association, you won’t have a customer reference number with us so you can skip that part of the application form and just give us your full address.
- You can switch back to your unmeasured charge at anytime up to 2 years from the date the meter was installed.*
*This option is only available to the customer who requested the meter installation. Therefore, if you have moved into a property which has a meter already, we are unable to remove the meter.
*If you have had a meter installed at the property in the past and you switched to an unmeasured charge, you will not have the option to switch from a meter to an unmeasured charge again.
We understand that changing to a meter can be a big thing. If you need any help or advice at any stage, just get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.